REES respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your Personal Data. We want to be transparent with you about how we collect and use your Personal Data and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Privacy Overview for Survivors
- Records on our online reporting platform are encrypted and stored in a database in Canada.
- We do not collect your IP address or use third-party analytics.
- We built the online reporting platform to recognize only the tenant (i.e.: the post-secondary institution, workplace or public space etc.) so we know where the Record is linked to but individual survivors remain anonymous.
- Only you hold the key to your encrypted Record.
- REES cannot access your Record or Narrative and cannot verify individual users that have an account created or a record stored in REES.
- You can create a Record and chooser from multiple reporting options.
- When you use a Reporting Option an Anonymous Report is automatically generated.
- REES has access to Anonymous Reports. They contain no Personal Data.
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- Your rights relating to your Personal Data.
- What Personal Data we collect.
- How we use your Personal Data and why.
- What happens when you do not provide necessary Personal Data?
- Who we share your Personal Data with.
- How we keep your Personal Data secure.
- How long we store your Personal Data.
- Our policy on children.
- Third party links.
Who we are
REES Technology Group Inc. is incorporated in Canada.
How to contact us
441-100 Innovation Drive
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
You can contact us by email at: email@example.com
What Personal Data Does REES collect and store?
- No Personal Data is required to Create an Account or store a Record in REES. All Records are created and stored anonymously.
- You must provide Personal Data if you use a Reporting Option excluding Anonymous Report, however this information is not stored by REES.
- You must provide Personal Data if you enter a Repeat Perpetrator Identification submission. This Data is being used for matching purposes.
- We collect anonymous Personal Data on our Feedback Form which is optional.
Your rights relating to your Personal Data.
By law you have the following rights to your Personal Data.
- Request access to your Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you to check that we are lawfully processing it. We do not have access to your Record or Narrative however you can review and print these within REES.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected. You are able to makes changes or corrections directly to the information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You can delete your Account, Record and RPI entry in the online reporting platform.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where we are relying on a Legitimate Interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You control how your information is shared and with whom. REES is unable to access or process the Personal Data contained within your Record, Narrative or RPI entry.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. REES is unable to access or process the Personal Data contained within your Record, Narrative. If you have used a Reporting Option, or made an RPI entry we cannot undo these actions.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data All Records created by you are encrypted and we cannot access the contents of a Record, Narrative or RPI entry that is being stored in REES. The transfer document containing a Record to an institution or police agency is encrypted and password protected.
- Withdraw consent. Consent should be freely given and ongoing and can be revoked at any time. You can delete your account, Record and RPI submission. This right only exists where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data (“Consent Withdrawal”) such as the opt-in by providing an email contact. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain specific functionalities of our Site. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
How to exercise your rights?
You have control over your Personal Data and can exercise many of your rights on your own. If you need to assistance, or have questions about exercising your rights, please contact us using the contact details shown here.
There are no fees to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive, or, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can.
If you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, please note that the GDPR gives you the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
What Personal Data we collect.
All the Personal Data we collect is outlined in the table below.
Category of Personal Data collected
What this means
First name, last name, pronouns
Phone number and email address
We collect, use and share “Aggregated Data” such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data is derived from Anonymous Reports and user feedback but once in aggregated form it will not constitute considered Personal Data for the purposes of the GDPR as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
All Anonymous Reports are Aggregated Data that contain no Personal Data and/or identifying information.
Special Categories of Personal Data
We do collect “Special Categories of Personal Data” about you which includes details about your race or ethnicity, gender, as part of the Feedback Questions. It is optional to provide this Data and it is used to help us meet your needs.
How we use your Personal Data and why.
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which you provided it and we collected it.
What is our “legal basis” for processing your Personal Data?
In respect of each of the purposes for which we use your Personal Data, the GDPR requires us to ensure that we have a “legal basis” for that use. Most commonly, we will rely on one of the following legal bases:
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (“Contractual Necessity”).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (“Legitimate Interests”). More detail about the specific legitimate interests pursued in respect of each Purpose we use your Personal Data for is set out in the table below.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (“Compliance with Law”).
- Where we have your specific consent to carry out the processing for the Purpose in question (“Consent”).
Generally, we do not rely on your Consent as a legal basis for using your Personal Data.
We have set out below, in a table format, the legal bases we rely on in respect of the relevant Purposes for which we use your Personal Data.
Category(ies) of Personal Data involved
Why do we do this
Our legal basis for this use of data
For opt-in to receive communication from REES
For Reporting Options excluding Anonymous Report
We have a legitimate interest in providing you with updates on our Sites and related offers where you have purchased or shown interest in similar services from us.
What happens when you do not provide necessary Personal Data?
REES does not require you to provide Personal Data unless you want to process an action within the platform. Where we need to process your Personal Data either to comply with law, or to perform the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, you must provide Personal Data to send your Record).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website.
Cookies we use
We only use session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Site. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services. We use first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
Who we share your Personal Data with.
The Privacy Policies of external third parties are important to REES. We only use external third parties that prioritize compliance with the GDPR.
We share your Personal Data within the REES Technology Group Inc.
When you make a Report, REES uses an external third party (Send Grid) to transfer the encrypted Record from our database to the designated recipient. Only the intended designated recipient is provided a password to open the encrypted Record.
We store our data in Canada.
Some of our external third parties are based outside Canada so the processing of your Personal Data may involve a transfer of data to countries based outside of Canada.
We endeavor to ensure that people to whom we provide Personal Data hold it subject to appropriate safeguards and controls. Whenever we transfer your Personal Data out of Canada, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented.
How we keep your Personal Data secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
We limit access to your Personal Data to those employees and other staff who have a business need to have access. This does not include your Record, Narrative or RPI submission as only you can access it.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any actual or suspected Personal Data breach. In the event of any such breach, we have systems in place to work with applicable regulators. In addition, in certain circumstances and where we are legally required to do so we will notify you of breaches affecting your Personal Data.
How long we store your Personal Data.
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as we reasonably need to use it for the purposes set out above, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example for regulatory purposes). You can control how long a Record is stored on REES and can choose to delete your Record at any time. We store Records for 10 years.
Our policy on children.
REES is intended for ages 16 and older.
REES provides information on each online reporting platform about how making a Report may impact a minor and that child protection authorities may become involved. As any Record stored in REES is encrypted, REES does not have access to and cannot file a report under mandatory child abuse reporting requirements.
Third party links.